Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Hunger Games

So a lot of people told me for a long time how good this book was, but a lot of people had also told me how great "Twlight" was and no offense Twi-hards, I didn't love those books. In fact, I couldn't even bring myself to read the fourth one. So despite all the great reviews for this book, I was a little slow in reading it. I finally decided it was time to read it when I saw the preview for the movie and I thought it looked really good. I started to read the book on the day my dad had his surgery. It kept me occupied while we waited for him to come out. It only took about 30 pages into the book before I was hooked. I would dream about it and make up my own storyline in my dreams. I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning on a Saturday night to finish it because I just "had to know how it would end". I really liked it which was kind of strange for me because when I would explain to people what it was about it doesn't sound like something that would be so good. It is though! Once I finished the book, I had to wait a month before the movie came out. I finally went and saw it on Saturday night with a group of 17 friends. Before the movie, we all went to dinner at the Coppermill and I had such a good time talking and laughing. Of course, since our group was so big, we weren't able to all sit together at the movie but I am glad that we all went together. It was so fun and we need to do stuff like that more often. I am grateful that all those couples allow me to be friends with them and don't make me feel like a third wheel. Great night, great friends, and a great movie. My only suggestion would be to for sure read the book before seeing the movie. You will love it more!


The crew at dinner before the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment