Sunday, October 2, 2011

Psychic??

I have never believed in people being psychic per se. I do believe in personal revelation, gut instinct, and spiritual promptings. These feelings have led me a lot in my life. There have been many instances where I trusted those feelings and I have been right in doing so, whether I wanted to be or not. Having said that, I had a different kind of encounter on Friday though. I went to see a patient of mine for just a routine visit. We talked about her disease, her concerns, and how she has come to accept the dying process, etc. Normal visit stuff. Then all of a sudden, she started to tell me things about myself that I really do not know how she would know them. I don't talk about any personal things with my patients. I am there to talk about them, not me. She started off by telling me I might think she is crazy, but she has a gift of sorts. She told me of the first time she remembered meeting me and how she was going into my visit with a "chip on her shoulder" because of the negative thoughts of what a "social worker" is. She thought I was going to be there to judge her, correct her, and do therapy with her to try and "fix" her. She said that all changed though when I walked in the room. She said my aura was so "bright". The brightest she has ever seen. She said she knew right away she could trust me and that I was a good person. That made be feel good. But, then she proceeded to tell me that I had been hurt before, and not just a little hurt. She said she knew I had been hurt so deeply in my life that it changed part of who I am and how I think. She then proceeded to tell me all about the person who hurt me, how I feel about them, and how this person feels about me. She then began to mention things I haven't ever told anyone. I sat there shocked not sure what to say. Most of what she said was true for the most part, although I have a hard time believing what she said about how the person who hurt me feels about me now. I was amazed at the things she knew and the nice things that she said about me and yet I am left wondering how on earth she knew all that she did. Even how I feel inside which no one but me knows. I am not sure what to think about the whole experience. I have never had any kind of experience like this and it has left me wondering and pondering. Do I believe in psychics now? Not really, but I do believe people and experiences are put in our path of life for a reason. We either have something to learn from them or they from us. I find it interesting and thought I would share my thoughts about it. I am curious if  anyone else has ever had something similiar happen to them? Or what they think about my experience? Please share your thoughts with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment