Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why they gotta be so mean???

There exists this powerful way for people to express themselves. It is a way for us to laugh, to cry, and to just plain escape. It is the phenomenon known as YouTube. People can make a lot of money through YouTube and for many people it becomes a career. My family is proof of this. Many people may or may not have heard of ShayCarl or the Shaytards. Well I know them well. Shay is my first cousin and our family has always been a close one. We are one of those families that when we get together for our family parties we all have a good time and everyone competes for who is the funniest. Shay started just making funny little videos about himself and his family and put them up on YouTube. Little did he know it would become a business to support his family and become a very lucritive one at that. I am so proud of him and the whole family and love watching their videos. I mostly enjoy watching the videos that have the kids in them. When Shay and his wife were living in Logan for a time, I use to have the privilege of babysitting their oldest child, Sontard, when he was a baby. I love seeing him grow up and becoming quite the ladies man as well as good dancer. It is fun to keep up with the family this way since most of them have moved to California now. I am so excited for all of them. Shay's brother Casey, sister Carlie, and brother Logan all have their own channels now too. Their wives are also starting one with Carlie about the "mom's view". I am so happy for them.
What I have a hard time with though is reading some of the comments people leave about the videos. I finally told myself I wouldn't read anymore the other night when I read some of the mean things people say. I just don't understand why people have to be so mean! Seriously if you don't like the videos, don't watch them. Such a cliche, but I will say it anyway, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Seriously, leave your comments to yourself. Then it will make me less likely to want to punch you in the face. I am fiercely protective of my family and will always defend them against the "haters" or "meanies" if need be. I know a lot of people think that if you open up your life to the world you have to be able to handle what they say about it, but I just don't think it's right to be mean, degrading, or inappropriate. I think if people are willing to share their lives in this type of setting we should be positive or just silent. So you crazy inappropriate people leave my family alone or I will hunt you down and punch you in the face! There now I feel better :)
That being said, they do have a lot of fans and people that are positive and supportive. I do enjoy reading the positive comments. Especially when it comes to my cousin, Carlie. We have both been through some similiar heartbreak with our marriages and it is always nice to see her succeed and feel good about herself again. It gives me hope. I appreciate all those who support them and those of you who haven't yet heard of them. Check em out. Tell me what you think, but please remember to be positive or don't say anything at all :)

Links to their YouTube channels:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shaycarl&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shaytards&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=caseylavere&aq=0&oq=caseyla

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=carliestylez&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=katielette&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=loganmckay55&aq=1&oq=logan

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=heykayli&aq=f

Jeez you think they have enough channels yet?? :) Love my little tard family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment