Sunday, July 17, 2011

Welcome to my Mind

Hello everyone, It has been awhile. I know I have been a blog slacker on my other blog and I promise I am working on updating that. It just seems that I kind of wanted a fresh start. A place where I can share all the thoughts or opinions I have everyday. I have started to notice that the older I get, the more opinionated I get. Whether that's good or bad is yet to be determined, but I wanted a place to write them. Living alone has it's advantages, but there are disadvantages too. I am not able to share my thoughts on something I hear on the news or something that happened at work with anyone at home. Trust me when I say that Peaches really doesn't care about my opinion :). I am doing this in hopes of getting feedback and in hopes of hearing what other's think as well. I love to hear other people's opinions and I know that my opinion is not always the right one. I hope to use this blog as a sort of discussion for everyone on what they feel about particular subjects. You are welcome to give me your opinion as well as suggest things you might want to hear other people's opinions on and we can discuss them.

So, that being said, here is the first thing I want to share. I went swimming on Monday night with my family since my nephew's that live in St. George were visiting and we don't get to see them much. We had a lovely time. Afterwards, we went to dinner at a well known restaurant chain which will remain nameless. There were 9 of us so immediately 18% gratuity was added to our bill. I understand why restaurants do this and I don't have a problem with that aspect of it. The thing is our service was terrible. They were extremely slow for a restaurant that really wasn't all that busy and the waitress rarely checked on us. My poor niece who is 4 was starving and there wasn't much we could do about it. My dad being the gentleman that he is, merely asked the waitress after she brought our bill why everything took so long. She never once apologized and merely said that there was a bigger group in the restaurant that had ordered just ahead of us and that is why it took so long. I might be fine with that, but it appeared to me to be a lie. I had gone to the bathroom in the restaurant and it was small enough that I had seen everyone that was in the restaurant and I know we were the only big group. I pose this question to all of you do the waiters/waiteresses and the restaurant themselves think they don't need to give you good customer service since the gratuity is already included in larger groups? What do you think? I tend to believe that might be the case in this particular example. Anyway just some food for thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment