Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kendyl's Dance Recital

I know it has been awhile since I blogged. I apologize for that. It has been a really busy month or so. It seems I am rarely home and when I am, then I am busy with other things. I will try to do a little better. On May 22, my sweet niece Kendyl had her dance recital. She has always loved dancing. I am not kidding, I think she came out of the womb dancing. I found some video footage just the other day of her as a baby barely able to stand, but shaking her booty. She just loves it and is a natural at it. Since my sister's family moved back to Tremonton this last year, this was Kendyl's first year dancing with the VaDel's Dance Studio. She has really enjoyed it and her teachers totally love her. They think she has some serious talent and even want her to start thinking about doing a solo. She is only five! I really enjoyed going and was glad I could see her in action. It was a long night though. First, the gym at the high school doesn't have air conditioning and it was too warm in there. Second, wow it was a long recital, I am talking almost four hours long. That is too long for me, but the kids didn't seem to mind. We could see Kendyl on the sidelines while other groups were performing singing all of the words to the songs. She is such a ham and I love her so much. Here are some photos and video of the evening.
She is totally Grandpa's girl and has him wrapped around her finger. Being the only granddaughter for him means, she pretty much gets whatever she wants :)







The lighting wasn't the greatest in some of these pictures and some are a little blurry, but hopefully you can see how adorable she is.
Ready for the glow in the dark black and white finale!

This is video of their Jazz/hip hop number "Dynamite". I think she stole the show personally.
One of her cheers for her cheer class. She looks so cute in the cheerleader outfit :)

Good job Kendyl! Hopefully next year won't be quite as long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment