Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Mucky Mucks

I am not sure what I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to be a team captain and make a team for the Man vs Mud 5k run, but I am glad that I did. It was so much fun and I have never laughed like that while doing any 5K. It was the first mud run for Cache Valley and The Mucky Mucks (our team) had a great time. I think a lot can be said for pushing yourself to do things you would never normally do, trying new things, and acting like a kid sometimes. This was one of those days when it was okay to scream on a slip n slide, to get dirty, and to let the firemen hose you off. I made some new friends who I think are totally awesome and inspire me and now continue to inspire me as I do a boot camp with them. I like to push myself and have found that more things are about the journey rather than the destination or what place you might finish. It's about digging deep within yourself to do your best and to enjoy yourself and the experiences. So running is not my thing. I don't love it, mostly because of my asthma, but it pushes me so I continue to do it every now and then. I enjoy feeling like I accomplished something and I don't care what place I finish in a race so long as I finish. That is what is important in any race of our lives. We just need to finish and do our best. I am proud of myself and my team and look forward to doing it with them again next year! I now ask the questions to you what pushes you and what is your race you need to finish?

Some of the few pictures we took from the race.
 The Mucky Mucks pre mud

 The crazy starting line slip n slide.

 Just hitting the mud.

 I like to call this the stinky pit. Not sure it was just mud and as you can tell from my reaction in the picture, I wasn't a fan of this one :).

 This is the diagram that Cali did of the last slip n slide into the mud pit.

 The close up version of me taking out the side barrier.

 This was just before Cade totally drenched me with his huge splash :)
The Muck Mucks post mud. We are dirty :). I think I look the cleanest, but that is because when Cade drenched me with his splash he was able to wash most the mud off my face.

How many of you are now going to join our team for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment