Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kindness



This was a video I showed my Primary kids on Sunday. The lesson was about how good friends help us to choose the right. It suggested we tell this story to them. I found the video and thought it was much better than I could have told it. I have been thinking about it a lot ever since. Sometimes we do things or say things to try and be funny, not knowing completely what challenges someone might already have and what kind of potential damage we might do by hurting them. Sometimes if we feel we have been wronged, our first response is to react or retaliate. To hide their shoes. How often do I "hide someone's shoes" rather than show kindess and charity? I know that this is something I must work on. I am not where I need to be. I just want to say that I am grateful for all of those friends that have that put "silver dollars" in my shoes on many occasions and have helped me through tough times. I hope I can do a better job of giving you silver dollars. I also hope that I can do a better job of giving out silver dollars to those who hide my shoes as well. It is easy to be kind to others who are kind to us but so much harder to be kind to someone who is hurtful or mean to us. I am grateful to my Primary children for the lessons they teach me and the examples they show of how to give out silver dollars in every situation. I hope I can be better at this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment