Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter!

For Easter, my family does all the festivities on Saturday. It is too hard to coordinate around everyone's church schedules to do it on Sunday. I also like that we do all the worldly kind of stuff the day before Easter so that on the actual day we can focus on what we celebrate and why. We always have a barbecue and then an Easter egg hunt for the munchkins. As far back as I can remember, it has been my job to hide the eggs. This year my adorable dad assisted me. I broke one of the eggs that had  money in it for Kendyl so my dad busted out his electrical tape and then I just told Kendyl that it was an egg with a band aid :). The kids are getting bigger, faster, and smarter because they found all those eggs so fast I could hardly snap a picture of them. In addition to the eggs they hunted for I gave them both giant eggs full of candy and some colored bubbles. Who doesn't love colored purple and fuchsia bubbles. They loved them! We thought the Easter egg hunt was over and we were all surprised when Kendyl and Andre informed us that Mandy, Wes, and I had "tree mail". Yes, my dad watches too much Survivor :). He is so adorable though. He had hid a clue in one of the trees in the yard with a note inside that contained a clue for each of us to a hidden egg exclusively for us.

This is my note: "Shannon, Sorry I gave you my allergies. They get better when the rain comes and cleans the air out, that is if there's a lot of rain. You have an egg hid, your clue is in the paragraph above. Have fun searching. Love, Mom and Dad". My egg was hidden in the rain gauge on the patio. I had to lift Kendyl as far as I could so she could get it at the top for me. The egg had quite the Easter treat inside $50. Love my parents and they are so cute!

After all the hunting, the kids jumped on the tramp then Andre went to play basketball with Grandpa so Kendyl and I jumped on the tramp and she kept hugging and kissing me and telling me she loves me. I love those precious moments. I always have fun with my family and we laugh a lot. We missed the boys who live in St. George and my brother who is in Wyoming. I just hope they know that we were thinking of them. It was a fun day and like I said, I am glad that we could have that day so that on Easter Sunday we could focused on what matters the most about this holiday and that is that the Savior lives and was resurrected. Because of this, we will all get to live again and be with our families again. What a special and precious gift.
"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"- John 11: 25-26

I am so grateful for the Gospel, the plan of salvation, my Savior, and the Resurrection. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Kendyl came out of the womb dancing I swear. That girl has always loved dancing and now that she is in lessons, she loves it more and is really good at it. Her dance instructors think she has true natural talent and we all agree. I mean just look at that. Yes, she is just five!
The kids before the hunt
And with their spoils :)
Colored bubbles! What?


My favorite girl and I
Mandy said this was our "Grease 2" pose. For those of you, who have seen it, you probably know what I am talking about and if you don't just check out the ending :).
This is just a little collage I put together of my silly girl and all her crazy faces and personality. She seriously makes me laugh.
She loves Peaches and Peaches loves her. Some say Kendyl looks like she could be mine. If only I were that lucky. My niece and nephews are all so amazing and would take them all!

Some of Andre and Kendyl singing "We are Young" by the group FUN. There is a longer version I posted on facebook, but I laugh a lot with all the interpretive dance moves that are done in this one :).


Peaches was not happy that I was somewhere that she could see me, but couldn't get to me. She had a little bit of a meltdown. Such a girl :).

No comments:

Post a Comment