Sunday, January 15, 2012

Recuperating and reflecting...

So 2012 has started out not like I hoped it would. I got sick and it has been a long time since I have felt that terrible. I am still trying to recuperate from it weeks later. I got a nasty sinus infection and the first antiobiotic wasn't working and then I got strep throat on top of it. Draining sinuses + already sore throat + strep = miserable. I missed three days of work in a row which for me doesn't happen much. While sitting at home, it did allow me to think about all of the things I did last year in 2011 and what things I want to do this year. I hope to make this year even better than last. It might be hard to do when I look at some of the fun I had in 2011. So here is me reflecting with some photos of 2011 and some of the highlights of the year. Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do:

The VIP experience at the Bon Jovi concert in March. I bought the VIP package which included a backstage tour and dinner and seats on the second row in the pit. My nephew, Andre loves Bon Jovi too and he had just had a birthday so he was my date for the VIP tickets. My mom and sister came with us and they had great seats too. Just a little further back. Here are some of my favorite pictures. I took like 300 and something so it was hard to narrow it down :).
Perhaps a little too excited on the ride down.
Opening act Ryan Star
There's the man!
Waiting for our VIP tour
On stage holding one of Richie's guitars.

Jonny's microphone stand.



















 The band saw Andre the only kid in the pit and threw him some guitar picks.
The crew after the concert and a night we will never forget especially Andre!


The trip to Australia was also a major highlight of the year. I know I already blogged some of the things from this trip, but here are a few more pictures from the trip. A once in a lifetime opportunity! 








 My love fern :)

 Chippy!

 Yes I am a dork and decided to swing from the vine.






Me and some of college roommates had a little mini roommate reunion (minus a few who couldn't make it). We made a day of it and had some fun together. I took the day off of work and we went to lunch at Elements. If you haven't had their burger and a beverage special at lunch then your missing out. We did some shopping, hung out, laughed a lot, visited campus and the "A", and then had a barbeque at my house. So much fun and we need to do it more often.



 Lots of time hanging out with my munchkins this year. They are some of my favorite people in the world and make me laugh so hard. I hope they know how much I adore my "Aunt Shannon" time. Took all the boys to some Aggie basketball games and Kendyl and I enjoyed some girl time.






This year I also decided to challenge myself and do something I don't really enjoy. I took up running. I am not very good at it because of my asthma, but I know it is good for me to push myself. Bootcamp has been good to encourage me to try and like it more. I did a couple of 5K races this year. My friend Brooke, who is an awesome runner encouraged me the whole way. This is us after the Fish Fight for Life 5K that we ran earlier this year.




Meeting David Cook and Steph and I's trip to Boise was a definite highlight. We need to do stuff like this more often and we both can't wait for our boyfriend, David to come in concert again. I know I already said this when I blogged it before, but he is seriously so nice and funny. I have a wicked crush!








I love spending time in Island Park with my family. My mama and I always have so much fun up there. It is peaceful and serene. There were so many memories of my marriage and relationship with my ex attached to Island Park that it took me awhile after to enjoy it without some of the pain of those memories. It took time, but it is better.  I love Island Park and plan to go up more often this year.




I love spending time with my friends. Cali is one of them that I can go awhile without seeing and we are able to pick up right where we left off. She is such a good friend to me and I am lucky to have her and so many. We had a great day in Park City this summer and road the Alpine slides. Felt like a kid. Then she came up so we could do the Man VS. Mud 5K. We had so much fun on both occasions and will likely need to be repeat both this year.




All in all 2011 was a great year, and despite the first few weeks of 2012 and feeling icky,  I look forward to what it will bring and to it being even better.

It is important to look ahead and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment